Skip to main content

Your browser is out of date, and unable to use many of the features of this website

Please upgrade your browser.


This website requires cookies. Your browser currently has cookies disabled.

Report concerns about your workplace pension (whistleblowing)

You should tell us if you have concerns about your workplace pension scheme, such as underpaid pension contributions, or suspect it isn’t being run properly. This may also be known as 'whistleblowing'.

If your pension complaint relates to your employer, you should speak to them first. If you feel unable to do this, or you still have concerns after speaking to them, report the matter to us.

Please provide any information that may help us understand your concern, such as payslips or letters from your employer.

Only provide us with what you already have. Do not look for any more information in support of your concern.

Phone, email or post

If you can’t report your concerns online, you can contact us by phone, email or post.

What happens next?

After you report your concern to us, we may contact you to clarify some of the information you have given us.

We will investigate your concern if we think there is a cause to do so. Please note that we are unable to give feedback on the outcome of our assessment or investigation (if one is conducted) due to legal reasons.

Identity protection

We understand that when you supply information to us, it may have an effect on your relationship with the person or organisation that you are reporting, particularly if this is your employer.

It is useful for us to have your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information, but you can choose to be anonymous when reporting concerns to us. If you do, we will treat your information as sensitive and will seek to protect your identity. We will not disclose it except when lawfully required to do so or where, after careful consideration, we decide it is essential to do so in the course of an investigation or to take regulatory action. This would only happen in very limited and exceptional cases. Where we consider that such disclosure may be necessary, we will usually consult you beforehand.

In some situations, when you supply us with information, it may be regarded as whistleblowing. In these circumstances, you may have legal protection as a whistleblower if you raise a legitimate concern in good faith about wrongdoing. Read more on whistleblowing for employees on GOV.UK.

Data protection

For information on how your personal data is used, kept secure and your rights, read our privacy notice.